· Fri 16th Aug : Mufti Day – Beauty and the Beast fundraiser – Non Perishable item · Thurs 22nd...
Principal’s Welcome Message
Welcome to East Otago High School.
We are a true community school that values the importance of fostering positive relationships between students, staff, family and the wider community. East Otago High School is located on immaculately maintained and well resourced grounds in Palmerston allowing us easy access to Central Otago, Oamaru and Dunedin.
Our students achieve. We have consistently achieved NCEA pass rates which are at the highest level nationally. We produce high calibre young people who have the skills to become valued members of society.
We know the importance that our diverse community plays in developing our students and look for meaningful opportunities to form partnerships where our
students learn from community members. We can honestly say we are an integral and important part of the East Otago community and “proud to be Eastern”. We have a committed staff that work incredibly hard in and out of the classroom to offer multiple learning opportunities. The teachers are reflective in their practice and
responsive to an exponentially changing world to ensure our students are well prepared for life after school either in further tertiary study or in the job market.
Key strengths of the school
“For sustained improvement and future learner success, the school can draw on existing strengths in:
• leadership and governance that is focused on the learning and wellbeing of students
• collaboration with and participation in the local community
• a curriculum that is designed to meet the needs and interests of its students”. ERO September 2019.
I welcome the opportunity to show new and prospective students around our vibrant, future focused school.
Ngā mihi nui
Principal East Otago High School
Te Kura Tai Rawhiti Ki Otakou
· Mon 12th Aug : Year 12 First Aid Course · Wed 14th Aug : Otago Secondary Schools Music Festival...
· Tues 9th – Monday 22nd July : China Camp · Mon 22nd July : First Day – Term Three ·...
· Mon 24th June : Matariki Day · Thurs 27th June : Hockey Co Ed Tournament · Tues 2nd July : Speech...
From Monday we are trialing a change of bell times for 5 period days.