At East Otago High School, the Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) carries out a pivotal role in raising funds for use in the improvement/creation of facilities, resources, activities and environments at our school. Students come first for our committee and where there is a need, the PTSA will do it’s best to help make it happen. We are always looking for keen members to help with ideas, organisation and participation in fundraising ventures because we believe our students are worth it.
Examples of PTSA contributions include:
- Board games for the library and junior form rooms for wet weather activities at lunchtime.
- Sporting equipment including, volleyball nets and accessories, hockey gear, athletics gear.
- Tents for the Outdoor Education Department for use on school camps.
- Outfits for the Kapakaha group.
- Donations towards personal development programmes for students including, sporting tournaments, spelling quiz trophy and Outward Bound.
- Environment upgrades such as curtains and jungle gym relocation.
At East Otago High School, we may be small but we are mighty.